Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sexy Mistake, Performed by Stevie Ryan



For the past few months, I have been producing and composing songs for the new VH1 sketch comedy show, “Stevie TV.”  This is not such an easy feat as Stevie herself admits, she is no singer.  I’ve had to make her sound like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Zooey Deschanel.

At the risk of never being taken seriously again as a composer, I wanted to share the first music video of the four “homage” songs that were created for the show.  Think of it as Katy Perry’s “Friday Night” on steroids.  I hope it lightens your day.  A big shout out to my cowriters Hanna Lopatin and Adam Conover!

It’s already had almost 70,000 hits on YouTube in under three weeks – and is growing fast.  Additionally, VH1 likes the song so much they put it in rotation on the network as a regular music video – no accounting for taste.  Enjoy!

Much more to come with many adventures ahead!

My only complaint:  The version on YouTube was posted in mono!!!!

Post a comment with a contact and I'll share the stereo version.  I don't dare post my version or the VH1 police might come to get me.

All the best,

CSG

1 comment: