Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Welcome to


Today I start my blog.  I am Craig Stuart Garfinkle, Composer, Producer, Director, Film Music Educator, and Surfer

What is it like to be a professional hyphenate? 

It makes for odd conversations:
“So tell me, what do you?" 
“That’s kind of difficult to say, really. What day are you asking about?” 

 “What do you mean, ‘what day.’ I just asked a simple question...”

 “I know it seems simple, but if I am really going to be honest in my answer, I have to consider the 
temporal nature of your...” 
“...the temporal nature? Listen, if we are going to fill out your unemployment form correctly, I just need to
 know, what was your last job description? It’s a simple question.” 
“One would think, wouldn’t they?"
I guess the best way to describe myself is with this video:  It's a song I wrote and produced entitled, "The Best Things in Life Set You Free."  It features my friend Eric Enzo on Lead vocal.  It features video I shot last summer with my Go Pro HD camera.


The hook to the song came to me while I was surfing in Malibu with my friends so it's only natural that I used my surfing video to illustrate the song.  I feel it sums up a great deal about who I am and what I want out of life.

Welcome to my blog - I hope to keep you entertained as I negotiate all my different creative endeavors, all of which will be shared here.   Welcome!

Sincerely,


Craig Stuart Garfinkle


1 comment: